Recipe by keen5
This is yummy! I got this recipe from Cookingvillage. Prep time does not include marinating the chicken. You could also do the chicken in the oven, I suppose, if you don't have a grill.
For the Chicken
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 2 pounds)
- 1 1⁄2 cups prepared bloody mary mix
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
For the Rice
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 cup rice
- 2 ounces thin spaghetti or 2 ounces vermicelli or 2 ounces angel hair pasta, broken into 1 inch pieces (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 1⁄2 cups hot water
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes or 2 teaspoons instant bouillon granules
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons grated lime zest, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
For the Garnish
- celery leaves
- lime wedge
Directions See How It's Made
- Making the Chicken: In a large resealable plastic bag or a large covered bowl, combine chicken, Bloody Mary mix, prepared horseradish and Worcestershire; chill for at least 2 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Prepare grill for low heat.
- Remove chicken from marinade.
- Grill chicken until tender, 10-15 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, bring marinade to a boil over medium heat; transfer sauce to a serving pitcher and set aside.
- Making the Rice.
- In a medium skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and celery to the skillet; cook for 5 minutes.
- Add rice and spaghetti; stir until rice is golden, about 3 minutes.
- Add hot water, a little at a time, to the skillet; stir in bouillon cubes, bay leaf, 1 teaspoon lime zest and pepper.
- Bring rice mixture to a boil, stirring until bouillon cubes are dissolved.
- Reduce heat to low; cover skillet and simmer rice until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf; stir in remaining lime zest.
- Serving the Chicken and Rice.
- Transfer rice to individual plates; top with chicken.
- Garnish with celery leaves and lime wedges; serve with reserved sauce.