Recipe by Bev
My husband brought this recipe to me from our local paper last weekend. He is a Bloody Mary lover and I wouldn't want this one to get away. Dan'l says this recipe is a winner!! Why make one glass, when you can make a pitcher full? This recipe makes 4-5 pint sized servings.
Top Review by Caroline Cooks
Delicious, Bev. Will make again; mixed some wasabi sauce with the horseradish instead of powdered. What a taste! Served on the deck--Nice spring weather!!--with a wonderful Blue Cheese Spread and crackers.
- 946.0 ml tomato juice
- 473.18 ml Clamato juice
- 354.88 ml vodka
- 22.18 ml prepared horseradish
- 14.79 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 4.92 ml soy sauce
- 2.46 ml wasabi powder
- 4.92 ml celery salt
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 lime, juice of
- hot sauce
Rim of the Glass
- 59.16 ml coarse salt
- 29.58 ml Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 stalk celery (optional)
- cucumber, cut in spears (optional)
- lemon slices (optional) or lime slice (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine tomato juice, Clamato juice and vodka in a large pitcher and stir to blend.
- Add remaining ingredients (except hot sauce) and stir with a wooden spoon until all is well blended.
- Taste, then add hot sauce depending on how spicy you like your bloody mary (my husband likes plenty of spice!).
- On a small plate, combine coarse salt and Old Bay seasoning.
- Run a lemon or lime slice around the rim of your glass, then dip the rim into the Old Bay/salt mixture.
- Add ice to your glass (if desired) and pour in the bloody mary mixture.
- Garnish with desired items.