1/2 Photos of Blondie Brownies
* Pamela *'s Note:
This is an adopted recipe. The original recipe says that it tastes like the Blondie Brownie from Applebees.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/4 cup of your favourite nuts, I like pecans
- 1/4 cup melted margarine
- 1 cup packed brown sugar, divided
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup vanilla baking chips
- 1Sift together sifted flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; stir in nuts; set aside.
- 2With an electric mixer, beat together melted butter and 1 cup brown sugar.
- 3Beat in egg and vanilla.
- 4Slowly beat dry mixture into wet mixture.
- 5Stir in vanilla baking chips by hand.
- 6Spread batter into a greased 9" X 9" X 2" baking pan.
- 7Bake in a 350 degree oven for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean; set aside to cool.
- 8For topping: In a saucepan over low heat, melt remaining 1/4 cup butter and maple syrup.
- 9Stir remaining 1/3 cup brown sugar into saucepan until it has dissolved.
- 10Remove saucepan from heat and beat in cream cheese and maple extract until smooth.
- 11Return saucepan to low heat and simmer, stirring constantly, until desired consistency.
- 12To serve: place 1 brownie on a plate. Top with 1 scoop of vanilla ice cream. Drizzle topping over. Delicious!
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blondie Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (72 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 283.9
- Calories from Fat 137
- Total Fat 15.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 16.0 mg
- Sodium 159.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 24.1 g
- Protein 3.5 g