Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is an adopted recipe. The original recipe says that it tastes like the Blondie Brownie from Applebees.
- 1 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄4 cup of your favourite nuts, I like pecans
- 1⁄4 cup melted margarine
- 1 cup packed brown sugar, divided
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup vanilla baking chips
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted margarine
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 6 -8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon maple extract
- vanilla ice cream
- Sift together sifted flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; stir in nuts; set aside.
- With an electric mixer, beat together melted butter and 1 cup brown sugar.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Slowly beat dry mixture into wet mixture.
- Stir in vanilla baking chips by hand.
- Spread batter into a greased 9" X 9" X 2" baking pan.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean; set aside to cool.
- For topping: In a saucepan over low heat, melt remaining 1/4 cup butter and maple syrup.
- Stir remaining 1/3 cup brown sugar into saucepan until it has dissolved.
- Remove saucepan from heat and beat in cream cheese and maple extract until smooth.
- Return saucepan to low heat and simmer, stirring constantly, until desired consistency.
- To serve: place 1 brownie on a plate. Top with 1 scoop of vanilla ice cream. Drizzle topping over. Delicious!
great job, but i had problems with the sauce, you could see the cream cheese, maybe it did it wrong...hmm but it was good