Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Another alternative to chocolate brownies. It is a lot lighter in flavour. You can use any flavour chips that you like.
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup nuts (chopped)
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2⁄3 cup shortening
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Blend sugar and shortening, combine dry ingredients and add to butter and sugar alternately with milk and eggs.
- Stir in chipets.
- Spread mixture evenly in a 9”X13” cake pan.
- bake 350°F for 20- 25 Minutes.
- i tried 1/4c. milk and found it felt right. it is in the oven now we will see soon.
This is identical to my family's blonde brownie recipe except that we add 1/4 t baking soda and reduce the salt to only 3/4 t. Also, we grease the pan. I made these just the other day for company and they actually asked to take some home!