Recipe by hikerrecycler
Yummy blonde brownies are a nice treat when you want brownies but want something different than plain chocolate brownies.
Top Review by 3KillerBs
I was particularly looking for something with chocolate chips and walnuts that wasn't a chocolate brownie. This came up in the search and its was just what I had in mind. I made a half batch that came out quite delicious, though just a trifle on the sweet side. I particularly liked the fact that it didn't use as much butter as many cookie recipes do.
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter, plus
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 2⁄3 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup chopped walnuts or 2⁄3 cup pecans
- 2⁄3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9" x 13" pan.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt together, set aside. Mix brown sugar and butter, add eggs one at a time. Add the flour mixture, nuts, and chocolate chips. Spread in the pan.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes.