Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a spicy salad made up of apples, pecans and bleu cheese in a balsamic vinegar dressing.
Make and share this Bleu Cheese and Roasted Pecan Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 4 cups lettuce (red, butter, romaine etc.)
- 1⁄2 granny smith apple, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, roasted
- 1⁄4 cup blue cheese
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Place the greens on salad plates.
- Add the apple slices, then sprinkle pecans and cheese over each.
- Whisk the remaining ingredients together and sprinkle over salads.
Excellent salad! Simple and quick to put together. I used more lettuce and apples and less than half the dressing.
I'm counting calories, but do I have to count the ones that I licked off my plate? Made for Salad Summer Snapshots.
great flavor combination in this salad, I also added in a small can of white tuna, thanks for sharing Mary!