Recipe by LoveBakedIn
This is a great batter that you can make ahead and keep in the refrigerator. It's so easy to just throw all the ingredients in the blender and pour.
Top Review by mom of twins #2
I have an average size but solid Cuisinart blender and there is no way to fit all these ingredients in there> I ended up just putting in the bow and using a hand mixer at the end... But here are the adjustments are made: - used 1 cup of wheat flour - 2 tablespoons of sugar - 1/2 cup of veg oil instead of marg/butter LOVED It. I made it without the adjustments as well and it workwed fine.
- 4 cups flour
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 eggs
- 4 cups buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Put all the ingredients in the blender and blend on a medium setting for 30 seconds.
- Scrape sides of blender if necessary and blend another 30 seconds.
- When batter is smooth, pour by 1/4 cup measure onto hot griddle or waffle iron.
- Can be stored in refrigerator for 4-5 days.
- Yogurt can be used with or instead of the buttermilk.