Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is my mom's recipe. She doesn't like to cook, but this one is really good!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tablespoon onion
- 1⁄2 tablespoon garlic
- 2 tablespoons beef bouillon, Maggi Instant
- 1 cup tomato sauce, Bertolli five cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- BEEF: Brown beef with onion, garlic and beef bouillon in a medium skillet.
- Add tomato sauce and water.
- Let it Boil and turn down the heat to simmer for 30 minutes.
- Turn up the heat and let it dry the sauce.
- PIE: Blend all the ingredients together.
- Grease a baking tray and sprinkle some flour on top of the butter. shake it and discard the extra, flipping the tray upside down.
- Add the prepared meat . You can add some sliced boiled eggs (4).
- Pour the blended ingredients on top of the meat and spread some Parmesan cheese on top to give it a nice golden color.
- Bake it for approximately 35 min at 375°F.
- Check it as you were checking a cake. Stick something inside the dough, when it comes out clean, it's ready.
- Enjoy it!
The meat my whole family loved but the top was a bit bland. I will make this again but will add more spice to both the topping and meat. The topping was runny even with following the recipe exactly, but it puffed up beautifully.
What an original way to cook minced beef! Or Venison in my case. The meat was delicious, I didn't know what the tomato sauce was that was in the recipe, I used tomato puree. I halved this recipe to feed my DH and DD. We had enough to feed 4 adults, easily. I made a mistake in that I added two eggs as I couldn't be bothered to mess around with a half egg, I forgot that our hens eggs are enormous at the moment so the batter was very thin and spread to fast on the sheet, thankfully I used one with a lip around it! But even so - the whole thing puffed up and browned and was delicious Watch that portion size though! We will deffinately be eating htis again soon!