1/3 Photos of Blackened Tuna Bites with Cajun mustard
This can be served as a dinner or an appetizer. It is positively amazing. This is my own creation inspired by my favorite dish at a local NJ restaurant. I hope you like it as much as I do.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Make the mustard first: Mix all ingredients in a small saucepan.
- 2Bring to a boil, stirring often.
- 3When somewhat smooth, it's done.
- 4Now start the tuna: TUNA Cut up tuna in large bite size pieces Coat with blackening seasoning Heat oil in pan till very hot, but not smoking Sear tuna on all sides for about 7-10 minutes total.
- 5Do not overcook.
- 6It's good for the tuna to be slightly pink on the inside.
- 7Serve right away with Cajun Mustard.
- 8This can also be made with peeled jumbo shrimp.
Browse Our Top Tuna Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blackened Tuna Bites with Cajun mustard
Serving Size: 1 (196 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 421.6
- Calories from Fat 244
- Total Fat 27.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 70.9 mg
- Sodium 266.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 36.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: