This can be served as a dinner or an appetizer. It is positively amazing. This is my own creation inspired by my favorite dish at a local NJ restaurant. I hope you like it as much as I do.
- Make the mustard first: Mix all ingredients in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, stirring often.
- When somewhat smooth, it's done.
- Now start the tuna: TUNA Cut up tuna in large bite size pieces Coat with blackening seasoning Heat oil in pan till very hot, but not smoking Sear tuna on all sides for about 7-10 minutes total.
- Do not overcook.
- It's good for the tuna to be slightly pink on the inside.
- Serve right away with Cajun Mustard.
- This can also be made with peeled jumbo shrimp.