Recipe by Aroostook
The boss used to cook this for our summer BBQ.
Top Review by Nocurfupa
Easy to make! I cut the recipe in half (well, the computer did all the work) and used it as more of a rub. My husband put the fillets on the grill in a basket and they were delicious. I did add some olive oil to the butter- just because I always have to be different. Definately will try this again- probably will be good on grouper too.
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 3 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon crushed dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon crushed dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon crushed dried parsley
- 4 red snapper fillets
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix paprika, cayenne pepper, black pepper, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, thyme, parsley and oregano.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over high heat for 5-8 minutes, or until extremely hot.
- Dip fish into melted butter, and sprinkle each fillet generously with the seasoning mixture.
- Place the fish fillets in the hot skillet.
- Pour 1 tablespoon of butter over each fillet.
- Cook until the coating on the fillet turns black, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Turn the fish over.
- Pour another tablespoon of butter over the fish.
- Cook for about 2 minutes longer.