Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
These green beans are awesome for the holidays. I usually pair them with ham or prime rib.
- 3 lbs snapped fresh green beans
- 1⁄4 cup diced onion
- 1 lb chopped bacon
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- salt and pepper
- Put chopped bacon in a pot and brown until crisp.
- Add onion, garlic and green beans and thoroughly mix.
- Cook on medium low for 3 hours stirring about every 20 minutes to prevent it from burning.
- Salt and pepper to taste and Enjoy!
My grandma has been making green beans like this ever since I can remember. I love them although I only get to enjoy them during the holidays. They do freeze well...I should know....I always take extras home from grandmas and freeze them so that they are readily available when I am having a craving!