Top Review by judtz9029
I made this and I was really impressed with the results. My only problem is that I don't have a fine metal strainer., so I used sterile gauze for cooking. It was a little hard, but the results were great. Have to go buy a fine strainer so it won't be as hard next time. Thanks Judtz
- 4 cups fresh blackberries
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups buttermilk
- fresh blackberries
- fresh mint sprig
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together 4 cups blackberries and sugar in bowl,let mixture stand 30 minutes.
- Process blackberry mixture in a food processor or blender until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides.
- Pour through a fine wire-mesh strainer into a 9 inch square pan, discarding solids, stir in buttermilk.
- Cover, freeze, 8 hours.
- Break frozen mixture into chunks and place in a bowl; beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Return to pan; cover and freeze 3 hours or until firm.
- Garnish, if desired.