Blackberry Lime Sherbet
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
What a mix ... it's also great with strawberries and raspberries and swap out with lemon juice.
- Ready In:
- 6hrs 6mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh blackberries
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 cups heavy cream or 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 pint fresh blackberries, for garnish
- Bring sugar and 1-1/2 cups water to boiling in saucepan. Reduce heat; simmer 6 minutes. Let cool.
- Puree blackberries and blueberries in food processor (do not use blender). Strain through fine-mesh sieve into bowl, forcing through with rubber spatula; discard solids. Stir in lime juice.
- Stir into puree the sugar syrup, cream and salt. Pour into 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan. Freeze 2 hours. Spoon into processor. Pulse to break up; don't over process. Refreeze 2 hours. Pulse again in processor. Refreeze until firm. Garnish.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION