Recipe by Geniale Genie
This very simple dessert is packed with antioxidants. If you can afford it, I recommend using the honey (unpasteurised is always better), though it is delicious with just sugar.
- 1⁄2 cup minute tapioca
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup honey or 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄2 cups elderberries or 3 cups blackberries
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 egg (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 2 quart microwavable bowl, mix tapioca, milk, and honey (or sugar). Microwave on high for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Temper the egg by gradually add some of the tapioca mixture to it. Stir it into tapioca along with the berries and the lime juice.
- Microwave on high another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.