1/1 Photo of Blackberry Cobblers Cups and Blackberry Upside-Down Cake
With this recipes you can prepare 8-12 Blackberry cobblers cups (depending on the size) or a big blackberry upside-down cake.
My Private Note
cups or ...
Units: US | Metric
For the Filling
- 4 cups fresh blackberries
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 cup sugar (or better less if you use really sweet blackberries or other fruits)
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch (for cups 2 tablespoons are enough)
- 1 tablespoon butter
For the topping
- 1Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- 2For the topping: In a medium bowl whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in the butter using 2 knives or a pastry cutter until many small pebble-sized pieces are formed. In a small bowl whisk together milk, egg and Amaretto . Add this mixture to the dry ingredients and mix until just moistened. Do not over mix.
- 3For the filling: In pot heat 1/4 cup water with sugar (medium heat). When it begins to boil add 2 cups of blackberries and stir shortly. Mix together 1/2 cup of water and the cornstarch. Add this to the hot berries, stir again until it thickens. Take away from heat source, add remaining berries and butter. Stirr shortly.
- 4For the cups: Fill 1/2 of your cups with the berry mixture and top with 1 tablespoon topping. The exactly amount of cups you need depends on the cup size. Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden. Serve warm or cold.
- 5For the upside-down cake: Cover the bottom of your baking mold with baking paper. Grease bottom and sides of the mold. Poor filling and spoon topping on it. Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden. Cool completely and refrigerate at least 2 hours. Remove sides, invert carefully on cake dish and remove bottom and baking paper.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blackberry Cobblers Cups and Blackberry Upside-Down Cake
Serving Size: 1 (1312 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 280.0
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 43.3 mg
- Sodium 196.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 31.7 g
- Protein 4.1 g