Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From naturipeberryfarms.com. I just love blackberries, and avocados, and salad...! I can't wait for summer so I can try this recipe (although I'll leave off the nuts, as usual)! Times are estimated.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 6 cups torn mixed greens
- 2 cups fresh blackberries
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and cubed
- 3 tablespoons crumbled goat cheese
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dijon-style mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (or to taste)
- Melt butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Saute pecans until lightly browned. Set aside until cool.
- To make dressing, whisk all dressing ingredients together and set aside.
- Place all salad ingredients in a large bowl and gently toss to combine. Pour dressing over salad and gently toss to coat.