Recipe by Missy Wombat
I may be a vegetarian but this recipe caught my eye and I thought that some of the omnivores around Zaar might like to try this. The times are my guesses.
- 500 g calf liver or 500 g lamb liver
- 1 granny smith apple, peeled and cored
- 2 slices rindless bacon, roughly chopped
- 125 g mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup brandy (optional)
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar (optional)
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- lemon juice, to taste
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 300 g frozen blackberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut liver into finger length strips. Cut the apple into thin slices.
- Stir fry liver, apple, bacon and mushrooms together until lightly browned and just cooked (you may need a little oil depending on quantity of fat on the bacon ). Add brandy, flambe and continue to cook until reduced to about 1 tablespoon.
- Whisk sugar, cream, seasoning and lemon juice together and stir into the liver with the blackberries. Stir-fry until berries are plump and juicy.
- Serve at once on a bed of noodles or fettuccine.