- 4 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons black tea
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1 cup water chestnut
- 1 red chili or 1 pepper
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 2 cups rice
- 1 cup dried mango
- 1 kg chicken drumstick, or
- 1 1⁄2 kg chicken wings
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a Paella dish. Add the chicken and then cook until nearly done.
- Add the onions, chilli, mangos and stir occasionally.
- Pour rice, 2 cups of water and the tea into the paella dish. Stir frequently.
- Once the first lot of water is mostly absorbed, add the next two cups, again stir frequently.
- Once all of that liquid has been absorbed, add the wine, by this point chicken should be cooked through and rice should be nearly done.
- When the rice is done, add the peas and water chestnuts.
- Stir everything through until peas and water chestnuts are hot and crispy and then serve.