3 hrs 25 mins
The next time you need an Indian food fix try this simple dish. I have slightly changed it from the original, created by the Michelin-starred chef Atul Kochhar.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 -4 chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2 teaspoons ginger paste
- 2 teaspoons garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 100 ml oil (sunflower is good)
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 2 large onions, chopped and then pureed into a paste
- 1 piece ginger, peeled and cut into fine strips
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander leaves
- 1Mix together the salt, ginger paste, garlic paste, vinegar, turmeric and 1 tsp of the black pepper.
- 2Rub the chicken with this mixture, cover and leave in the fridge for 2-3 hours.
- 3Heat the oil in a wide frying pan.
- 4Add 2 tsp of the pepper, sauté briefly, then add the sliced onion.
- 5Cook until golden, then add the onion paste.
- 6Fry until golden again.
- 7Add the chicken with any marinade of juices and fry until almost dry.
- 8Add a little water, then cook the chicken until done, about 20 minutes.
- 9Sprinkle with the ginger strips, coriander and the remaining pepper.
- 10Serve hot with naan bread or over basmati rice.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black Pepper Chicken Curry
Serving Size: 1 (271 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 456.7
- Calories from Fat 300
- Total Fat 33.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 69.6 mg
- Sodium 655.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 24.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: