Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Great way to start up the morning
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup 1% low-fat chocolate milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 package frozen unsweetened cherries, thawed
- Combine first 6 ingredients; Make a well in center of mixture.
- Combine chocolate milk, egg and margarine; Add to dry ingredients, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- For each pancake, pour 2 tablespoons batter onto a hot griddle or skillet coated with cooking spray.
- Turn pancakes when tops are covered with bubbles and edges look cooked.
- Top with cherry sauce: Combine sugar, cornstarch and water in a saucepan, stirring until smooth.
- Add lemon juice and cherries, stir well.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring, constantly, until thickened and bubbly.
The pancakes are wonderful, and the cherry souce also. I subtitud the cherries for black berries and work like a charm, also I add a little bit of Brandy to the syrup when start to boil, it give an extraordinary flavor
My kids liked these a lot, but I wasn't crazy about them.