Recipe by dicentra
From Cooking Light. For DH. Cream cheese replaces the traditional whipped cream in this recipe.
- 4 cups frozen unsweetened cherries
- 1⁄2 cup black cherry preserves
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 6 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 3⁄4 cup chocolate wafer crumbs (about 15 cookies, such as Nabisco's Famous Chocolate Wafers)
- grated lemon rind (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cherries and preserves in a medium saucepan, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat, and cool completely.
- Combine sugar, juice, and cheese in a large bowl, and beat with a mixer at medium speed until smooth (about 2 minutes). Cover and chill.
- Spoon 2 teaspoons crumbs into each of 8 (8-ounce) glasses; top each with 1 1/2 tablespoons cream cheese mixture and 3 tablespoons cherry mixture. Repeat layers once, ending with cherry mixture. Garnish with rind, if desired. Serve immediately.