Prep 45 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This cheesecake is absolutely delicious! My daughter made it for Thanksgiving dinner and it was picture perfect!
black forest cheesecake
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup amaretto liqueur
- 1⁄4 cup maraschino cherry juice
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 325*F (160*C).
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar, cocoa powder and butter. Mix well. Press into bottom and 1-inch up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan. Set aside.
- With an electric mixer on medium speed, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually add sugar, mixing well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in amaretto and cherry juice until well blended.
- Pour filling into crust. Bake 1 hour. Turn oven off, and let stand in oven.
- with door ajar at least 1 hour. Remove from oven to wire rack. Cool about 1 hour, or until room temperature.
- Combine melted chocolate and sour cream. Spread evenly over top of cooled cheesecake. Chill overnight. Garnish with whipped cream and maraschino cherries.