Recipe by Chefiebig
Because it starts with a cake mix base it's super easy! It's moist and tasty!
Top Review by Sally Miller
My son, age 21, gives this recipe 5 stars. I don't always have almond extract or choc chips, but the cake also tastes wonderful without. It bakes up perfectly in 9x13 pan. Start testing for doneness at 28-30 minutes. The cake has a firm crumb and does not need iced if eaten as a snack cake.
- 1 (18 ounce) boxdeluxe chocolate cake mix (pudding in the mix)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon almond extract
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Pour cake batter into a well greased Bundt pan.
- Bake in a preheated 350 oven for 45 minutes or until a tester comes out clean.
- Cool for 25 minutes in the pan before turning out onto a rack to cool completely.
- Wonderful served with vanilla icecream or whipped cream.