Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
Because it starts with a cake mix base it's super easy! It's moist and tasty!
- 1 (18 ounce) boxdeluxe chocolate cake mix (pudding in the mix)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon almond extract
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Pour cake batter into a well greased Bundt pan.
- Bake in a preheated 350 oven for 45 minutes or until a tester comes out clean.
- Cool for 25 minutes in the pan before turning out onto a rack to cool completely.
- Wonderful served with vanilla icecream or whipped cream.
My son, age 21, gives this recipe 5 stars. I don't always have almond extract or choc chips, but the cake also tastes wonderful without. It bakes up perfectly in 9x13 pan. Start testing for doneness at 28-30 minutes. The cake has a firm crumb and does not need iced if eaten as a snack cake.
Very nice and easy. I didn't use the choc chips and I used Kirsch, 2T, instead of almond flavoring. Baked for exactly 45min.
Made this for my mother's birthday and it was a hit!The almond flavor in the cake was so yummy. I baked it in 2 9 inch pans and it took about 30 minutes. I used canned chocolate frosting between the layers, then covered the whole thing in dark chocolate ganache. Topped it off with a bit more pie filling, piped a border of frosting to hold it in, then added stars of frosting around the pie filling and topped each star with a whole almond. It was beautiful! I will be making this again.