1/1 Photo of Black-Eyed Pea Supper Dish
This is one of our favorite cool weather dishes - it's so good with cornbread! The recipe came from Bush's. It's one I never really tinker with, and that's unusual for me. The ingredients are just right in the original.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Brown sausage in large skillet, crumbling with fork as it browns. Drain any accumulated fat.
- 2Add green pepper & onion to skillet with sausage and cook for 5 minutes.
- 3Add tomatoes & seasonings, stir well.
- 4Pour in blackeyed peas with the liquid in the can. Cover & simmer for 15 minutes.
- 5Serve hot with grated cheese on top.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black-Eyed Pea Supper Dish
Serving Size: 1 (287 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 367.9
- Calories from Fat 174
- Total Fat 19.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 71.3 mg
- Sodium 737.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 26.2 g