Cheesy Pizza Soup
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄4 cups fresh mushrooms, diced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 lb Italian sausage
- 2 cups water
- 1 (15 ounce) can pizza sauce
- 1 cup pepperoni, sliced and chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can red gold petite Mexican-style tomatoes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- mozzarella cheese, grated for topping
- In a large saucepan, sauté mushrooms, onion and Italian sausage for 2 to 3 minutes or until sausage is browned.
- Add water, pizza sauce, pepperoni, RED GOLD® Petite Diced Tomatoes Mexican Fiesta and Italian seasoning.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Before serving, stir in Parmesan cheese and garnish with mozzarella cheese.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a mother of two wonderful boys! We live in a small rural community in Indiana that we love. I love cooking, especially entertaining for family and friends. I collect cookbooks and found RecipeZaar by accident online looking for recipes. I was hooked immediately! I tell all of my family and friends about this awesome site. I cannot understand picky eaters or those who won't try something new??? My husband and I enjoy cooking together and trying new recipes. I Was Adopted banner: <img src="http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/ZaarNicksMom/PACsticker-Adopted.jpg">