Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
You can use cherry juice alone for this drink, but the apple cider gives the drink body and depth. Keep the spicing light and simple, so that the cherry flavor isn't overpowered. From the book, "Drinks to Warm a Body & Soul".
- Tie the cinnamon, allspice, and cloves in a cheesecloth bag and place in a medium saucepan.
- Pour in the juice and cider, then add the sugar and dried cherries.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, then lower the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Discard the spice bag and pour the cider into 4 mugs, spooning a few plumped cherries into each.
- Serve with spoons for the fruit.
Wowsers! This is a really nice change from plain spiced cider. I made as written. Tastes like spiced wine without the bitterness. Great for a dreary day. Made for Winter 2010 Comfort Cafe game.