Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Great vegetarian alternative
- 5 green peppers
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (8 3/4 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 small chopped onion
- 1⁄3 cup long grain rice
- 2 jalapeno peppers
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese
- Cut tops from peppers, remove seeds.
- Chop the pepper tops.
- Combine pepper tops, black beans, corn, uncooked rice, onion, jalapenos, salt and 1 cup water.
- Cover and simmer about 15 minute.
- or until rice is tender.
- Stir in cilantro and half the cheese.
- Fill peppers with rice mixture.
- Place in a baking dish, sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered in a 400 degree oven for about 15 min or until cheese is brown and bubbly.