1 hr 20 mins
An answer to leftover turkey, this chili makes a good buffet dish for your winter football get-togethers. You may use green chilies in place of poblano chilies; however, the flavor and color of poblano chilies are superior. From The Ultimate Low-Fat Mexican Cookbook by Anne Lindsay Greer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon safflower oil
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 white onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 poblano chiles, roasted, peeled, and diced
- 1 red bell pepper, roasted, peeled, and diced
- 2 cups green bell peppers, diced
- 1/3 cup chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 7 cups chicken broth
- 2 lbs turkey meat, diced
- 1 cup corn kernel
- 1 cup cooked black beans, liquid drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 1Heat the safflower oil over medium heat in a 6-quart saucepan.
- 2Add the onions and garlic and sauté until softened, about 5 minutes.
- 3Stir in the peppers, chilies, chili powder, and cumin.
- 4Add the chicken broth and cook 25 to 30 minutes.
- 5Add turkey, corn, and black beans to the broth.
- 6Stir in salt, pepper, and cornmeal and simmer 10 to 15 minutes.
- 7Serve with bowls of garnish arid warm corn tortillas or corn muffins.
- 84-6 grams fat; 250-275 calories.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black Bean Turkey Chili
Serving Size: 1 (403 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 243.7
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 59.1 mg
- Sodium 778.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 27.5 g