Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Super easy recipe, great for a quick weeknight supper. I like to garnish the soup with sour cream, shredded cheese and fresh cilantro.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 cups water
- 14 ounces vegetable broth
- 2 (19 ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- salt and pepper
- Heat oil over medium heat.
- Add onion, celery, carrots and jalapeno. Cook for 10 minutes or until tender.
- Add garlic and cumin. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add water, broth and black beans. Bring to a boil and reduce to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Using immersion blender, blend soup until desired consistency.
Great recipe - I switched it up a little bit. I used the drippings from a chicken I made to add richness to the broth, included about 1/2 cup of diced leftover chicken, and added some green beans and corn for color.