Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Ready, Set, Cook! Reynolds Wrap Contest Entry. Wanted to try something a little different & it came out great I just had to share it!
- 1 (15 ounce) can BUSH'S® BLACK BEAN FIESTA® GRILLIN' BEANS® (it consists of black beans, red bell peppers, & corn)
- 2 lbs peeled shrimp (71/90 per pound )
- 1 (11 ounce) bag yellow rice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 slices maple bacon
- 1⁄2 cup kraft monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 dash McCormick Grill Mates smokehouse maple seasoning (optional)
- Reynolds Wrap Foil
- Get a large pan add 3 cups of water, let it come to a boil then pour yellow rice & let it cook for 20mins. While that's cooking, get a large non stick skillet, pour 2 tablespoons of olive oil (medium heat) place the shrimps, ¼ cup of chopped red bell peppers, ¼ cup of bell peppers/onions stir & saute' for 3-5mins.
- Turn stove top off & pour ½ cup of Monterrey Jack Cheese on top & let it melt. After rice is finished cooking rinse it off a couple times. Get another pan & heat one can of Bush's Black Bean Fiesta for 3-5mins.
- Then get a serving dish, tear off foil & put it around the dish. First spread your rice around the bottom of the dish & layer shrimps, red bell peppers, bell pepper/onions on top of it. (Make sure you save the middle space so you can pour the black bean fiesta in it.) Sprinkle a little Monterrey Jack Cheese on top of black bean fiesta. I also cooked 2slices of maple bacon pat grease out & crumbled on top of black bean fiesta as well.