Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
From Cooking Light.
- 2 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups zucchini, diced
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen corn
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 8 (8 inch) whole wheat tortillas
- 2 cups reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- For sauce: Heat 1 t oil in large saucepan over med heat. Add onions and garlic; saute 5 in or til onion is tender. Stir in broth, chili powder, honey, cumin, salt, and crushed tomatoes. Reduce heat and simmer 30 minute.
- For enchiladas: Heat oven to 350.
- Heat 1 t oil in large nonstick skillet over med-high. Add zucchini and corn; saute 5 min or til tender. Remove from heat and stir in beans.
- Spread 1 c enchilada sauce in bottom of a 13x9 inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Spoon about 1/2 c veggie mixture down center of 1 tortilla; sprinkle with 2 T cheese, and roll up. Place seam side down in baking dish. Repeat procedure with remaining tortillas. Spread remaining 2 c sauce evenly over top enchiladas.
- Cover with foil and bake 30 minute Uncover; top with remaining 1 c cheese. Bake uncovered, about 10 min or til cheese melts.