Recipe by Pantry Savvy
This is a healthy dish, especially if you wish to follow a program that can reduce your cholesterol and blood pressure. This can be served over a bed of lettuce or divided into individual servings as a side dish.
Top Review by megs_
This is so easy, and oh so good. Instead of ranch, I added a small cap-ful of extra virgin olive oil. I also added some tabasco sauce for a kick. I thought I would need to add more to it, but it's perfect just like that. I ate it plain. Thank you so much for sharing!
- 540 ml can black beans, rinsed
- 59.14 ml corn, cooked
- 59.14 ml red onion, sliced and finely chopped
- 1 small garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2.46 ml oregano
- 4.92 ml dill seed
- 29.58 ml low-fat ranch dressing
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook kernels of corn in hot water for about 3 minutes. Cool corn in refrigerator. In the meantime, rinse black beans and place in bowl, add red onion, oregano, pepper, dill seeds, and garlic. Remove corn from refrigerator and mix with black bean ingredients.
- Add salad dressing and place in refrigerator for at least one-half hour. Serve on bed of lettuce or in individual bowls. You can make this recipe with your own favorite salad dressing.
- Alternative: Use can of chick peas or red kidney beans.