This is a favorite of mine. It freezes nicely.
Make and share this Black Bean Chicken Stew OAMC recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (16 ounce) bagsliced red green and yellow peppers
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced (1 tablespoon)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans black beans, drained
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- 2 (11 ounce) cans corn
- 3 1⁄2 cups cooked chicken, torn in bite size pieces
- In oil saute the bell peppers, onions, garlic, chili powder, and cumin until the onion is soft and the chili powder is fragrant.
- Add the beans and tomatoes and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in the chicken and corn. Refrigerate in covered containers up to three days or freeze up to 2 months.
- To serve: Thaw first, then heat up until simmering.
- If serving immediately, add chicken and corn at the same time as tomatoes and beans.