1/1 Photo of Black Bean Chicken Stew OAMC
This is a favorite of mine. It freezes nicely.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) bag sliced red green and yellow peppers
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced (1 tablespoon)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans black beans, drained
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- 2 (11 ounce) cans corn
- 3 1/2 cups cooked chicken, torn in bite size pieces
- 1In oil saute the bell peppers, onions, garlic, chili powder, and cumin until the onion is soft and the chili powder is fragrant.
- 2Add the beans and tomatoes and simmer for 15 minutes.
- 3Remove from heat, stir in the chicken and corn. Refrigerate in covered containers up to three days or freeze up to 2 months.
- 4To serve: Thaw first, then heat up until simmering.
- 5If serving immediately, add chicken and corn at the same time as tomatoes and beans.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black Bean Chicken Stew OAMC
Serving Size: 1 (259 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 226.8
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 30.6 mg
- Sodium 190.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.2 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 17.4 g