Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Off a package of tortillas. I skip the instruction that says to mash the beans and use the beans for other meals as well.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs black beans
- 1 1⁄2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 jalapeno peppers, stemmed and finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup canned crushed tomatoes in puree
- 1⁄8 teaspoon chili powder
- 12 cups water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 10 flour tortillas
- 2 cups cilantro
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 cups fresh salsa
- Combine black beans, onions, garlic, jalapenos, tomatoes, chili powder and water in large pot.
- Maintain a gentle boil for 1 and 1/2 hours.
- Stir in salt and cook longer beans are not tender.
- Warm or crisp tortillas just before serving.
- Drain bean mixture and mash lightly.
- Put 1/2 bean mixture in center of tortilla.
- Top with cilantro, sour cream and salsa.
- Fold and serve.