Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Whole Foods Market, these tasty burritos are low-fat and vegetarian - yet will still fulfill your Mexican food craving!
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 fresh tomato, chopped
- 3 green onions, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot sauce
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
fixins for burritos
- 10 flour tortillas
- 2 ripe Hass avocadoes, mashed
- 2 cups cooked rice
- grated monterey jack cheese
- In a large bowl mix together the beans, tomato, green onion, and cilantro. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the garlic and the lime juice. In a slow, steady stream whisk in the oil until the dressing has emulsified. Combine the lime dressing and bean mixture. Stir in the crushed red pepper and hot sauce. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F Soften the tortillas briefly in the oven; remove from oven.
- Spread on the avocado, followed by the cheese, rice, and bean mixture. Roll up the tortillas and arrange on a baking sheet. Place in the oven and heat through for 15 minutes or until the cheese has melted.