From Whole Foods Market, these tasty burritos are low-fat and vegetarian - yet will still fulfill your Mexican food craving!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 fresh tomato, chopped
- 3 green onions, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
fixins for burritos
- 1In a large bowl mix together the beans, tomato, green onion, and cilantro. Set aside.
- 2In a small bowl, combine the garlic and the lime juice. In a slow, steady stream whisk in the oil until the dressing has emulsified. Combine the lime dressing and bean mixture. Stir in the crushed red pepper and hot sauce. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- 3Preheat the oven to 350°F Soften the tortillas briefly in the oven; remove from oven.
- 4Spread on the avocado, followed by the cheese, rice, and bean mixture. Roll up the tortillas and arrange on a baking sheet. Place in the oven and heat through for 15 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
Browse Our Top Black Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Black Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black Bean Burritos
Serving Size: 1 (281 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 487.5
- Calories from Fat 200
- Total Fat 22.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 331.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.4 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 11.5 g