Prep 15 mins
Cook 14 mins
- 1 (14 ounce) can black beans
- 1 small onion
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup egg substitute
- Place onion and garlic in food processor and process until fine.
- Add well-drained black beans.
- Process until beans are in mashed consistency.
- Place in medium mixing bowl, add Cajun seasoning, bread crumbs and egg substitute.
- Mix thoroughly and shape into 4 patties.
- Place in well-greased grill basket or on grill, and cook for 5 to 7 minutes on both sides.
Very good, easy to make.
I was very impressed with these burgers. My hubby has been bragging on the black bean burgers at chili's but he said mine are better. This was amazingly simple I just threw it all in the food processor.... so fast! I don't use grills so I broiled mine in the oven on each side for about 10 minutes on a baking sheet covered in foil sprayed with a non stick spray. Easy clean up, easy prep, WOW Thanks
This was the worst thing I have ever fed my family. No matter how long I cooked them they never seemed cookend enough in the middle. As you were eating the patty would get bigger expanding from the middle. It was just horrible. Nothing could have made it better