In the south, it's a tradition to eat black-eyed peas on New Year’s Day, but this bean salsa is so tasty that you will enjoy it at ANY time of the year. We love it with the new baked tortilla scoops, which makes this a very healthy recipe!
- 1 (14 ounce) can black-eyed peas, drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can white corn, drained
- 1⁄2 bunch green onions, sliced or 1⁄2 red onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 orange bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded, diced
- 2 tomatoes, diced and drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lime zest
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 garlic cloves, minced or 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- Drain peas, beans and corn.
- Place into large bowl.
- Add chopped onions, peppers, cilantro and tomatoes.
- Mix dressing ingredients separately.
- Pour over salsa and toss to combine.
- Garnish with cilantro leaves and serve with chips (the baked scooping chips are great and help with your resolution to eat healthy in the New Year).