Black-Eyed Pea Salsa (Cowboy Caviar)
A cross between Salsa and Cowboy Caviar made using caned fire roasted tomatoes as right now tomatoes are out of season and looked like yuk-o as well as being more than a little pricy. 30 minute stand time not showing in prep or cook time.
- Ready In:
- 15 ounces black-eyed peas, canned rinsed, drained
- 14 1⁄2 ounces diced fire-roasted tomatoes, well drained
- 1⁄4 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 fresh jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice (or lemon juice)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cilantro
- salt and black pepper
- Combine all ingredients. Let stand 20-30 minutes before serving.