Recipe by denpan
A sweet corn meal crust with a spicy bean, salsa and ground beef filling.
Top Review by WatermelonSugar
Really quite good. I tweaked it to what I had on hand - I sprayed by baking dish and put in one can of refried beans mixed with 1/4 cup salsa, then layered ground round seasoned with taco seasoning packet and 1/4 cup salsa, a thin layer of shredded cheddar, finishing with the corn muffin mix, to which I added about 6 chopped jarred jalepenos, along with a couple of tablespoons extra of milk than called for in the box recipe, so it was pourable. Into 400 deg. oven for 30 minutes - came out golden brown and delicious - hubby ate two big servings accompanied with fresh chopped tomatoes and extra shredded cheddar. Easy, highly recommended "from the pantry" recipe.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole corn, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) canwhole black beans, drained
- 1 (7 ounce) box Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 1 (15 ounce) can salsa
- taco seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef and drain.
- In the same pan add drained corn, beans, the salsa and season to taste with the taco seasoning.
- Let simmer on medium for 10 minutes.
- Pour into a deep dish pie pan.
- <ix up corn bread/muffin mix according to directions on package.
- Spoon muffin mix over the filling covering evenly.
- Bake at temperature (400 degree) specified on muffin mix until the crust is cooked through.
- Garnish with Salsa, shredded cheese, sour cream.