Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Comforting and healthy! Cook time is estimated.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 3 carrots, diced
- 2 (15 ounce) cans fat free chicken broth
- 2 (15 ounce) cansfat free black beans, drained
- 1 cup instant rice
- 1 cup salsa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne (I like more)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- In a large saucepan cook onion, celery, bell pepper and carrots in chicken broth till tender.
- Stir in beans, rice, salsa and seasonings.
- Bring to a boil, turn off heat, cover and let stand 5 minutes.
Easy and tasty. Like others, I used pre-cooked brown rice. I also added some extra garlic, frozen corn, and garnished with cilantro.
My vegetarian daughter and I really liked this soup. We found the spices to be perfect with just a little kick. I used homemade salsa and regular rice. Thanks for the recipe.
Very tasty soup. I left it on the stove a while and it cooked down to be more of a stew consistency, which was actually great. I used brown rice that I cooked seperately and added fresh garlic instead of the garlic salt. I'll make this again.