Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe comes from the Rice A Roni site. We enjoy black beans and I am always looking for new ways using them. Wanted to share this recipe and have for safe keeping. Also added alittle more cheese and guacamole measurements for the burritos, to our taste.
- 1 (4 5/8 ounce) packagerice a roni savory whole grains Spanish rice
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 15 ounces black beans, drained and rinsed
- 8 whole wheat tortillas, warmed
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄3 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups lettuce, shredded
- 2⁄3 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup guacamole (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350'
- Warm tortilla shells in aluminum foil for 10 minutes.
- To make black bean mixture:.
- In medium saucepan, combine contents of seasoning packet, rice, water, olive oil and, if desired, cayenne pepper.
- Bring to a boil. Cover; reduce heat to medium-low.
- Simmer 20 to 25 minutes or until most of water is absorbed.
- Uncover and stir in black beans. Let stand covered 5 minutes.
- To assemble burritos:
- Spoon alittle rice and bean mixture on each wheat tortilla, to your liking.
- Sprinkle cheese, green onions on top of rice and bean mixture.
- Roll up tortillas to enclose filling mixture.
- Serve with shredded lettuce, tomatoes and guacamole (if using) to your taste on the top or side of burritos.
- May also add more shredded cheese to top of burritos.