Marsha D.'s Note:
This recipe comes from the Rice A Roni site. We enjoy black beans and I am always looking for new ways using them. Wanted to share this recipe and have for safe keeping. Also added alittle more cheese and guacamole measurements for the burritos, to our taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (4 5/8 ounce) package rice a roni savory whole grains Spanish rice
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 15 ounces black beans, drained and rinsed
- 8 whole wheat tortillas, warmed
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups lettuce, shredded
- 2/3 cup tomato, diced
- 1 cup guacamole (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350'
- 2Warm tortilla shells in aluminum foil for 10 minutes.
- 3To make black bean mixture:.
- 4In medium saucepan, combine contents of seasoning packet, rice, water, olive oil and, if desired, cayenne pepper.
- 5Bring to a boil. Cover; reduce heat to medium-low.
- 6Simmer 20 to 25 minutes or until most of water is absorbed.
- 7Uncover and stir in black beans. Let stand covered 5 minutes.
- 8To assemble burritos:
- 9Spoon alittle rice and bean mixture on each wheat tortilla, to your liking.
- 10Sprinkle cheese, green onions on top of rice and bean mixture.
- 11Roll up tortillas to enclose filling mixture.
- 12Serve with shredded lettuce, tomatoes and guacamole (if using) to your taste on the top or side of burritos.
- 13May also add more shredded cheese to top of burritos.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black Bean and Rice Burritos
Serving Size: 1 (251 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 641.8
- Calories from Fat 238
- Total Fat 26.4 g
- Saturated Fat 12.9 g
- Cholesterol 59.3 mg
- Sodium 1276.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.4 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 30.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: