Recipe by Marmie's
Deliciously healthy, full of fiber and low in fat! My kind of salad. I used a rice blend called Aztec, which was made of Colusari red rice, long grain brown rice, split peas and amarath. I saw it at a bulk store, I had never seen such a blend before so of course I bought it! I am sure this salad would be just a tasty with a brown and wild rice blend. I make extra rice on one day of the week so I can use it in salads and soups easily. I have even frozen rice successfully in portion size spoon fulls on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, then placed the frozen rice in a ziplock bag for easy use. NOTE: ***Time does not include cooking rice. ***
- 236.59 ml rice, cooked
- 236.59 ml black beans
- 236.59 ml corn
- 1 celery rib, diced finely
- 1 tomatoes, diced
- 59.16 ml red onions, diced finely
- 59.14 ml cilantro leaf (reserve some for garnish)
- 118.32 ml salsa, I like it hot. (for garnish)
- 29.58 ml red wine vinegar
- 14.79 ml balsamic vinegar
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1.23 ml sea salt
- 2.46 ml pepper, coarsly ground
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine salad ingredients in medium size bowl. (except the salsa).
- Combine dressing ingredients in small bowl and wisk. Adjust to suit personal taste.
- Mix dressing with rice and bean mixture.
- When serving top with 1 tablespoon salsa and a bit more cilantro.
- Eat healthy!