Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a great way to dress up bread. From Copykat.com (http://www.copykat.com)
- 1 loaf French bread
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup shredded asiago cheese, you could try parmesan
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, pureed
- Split French bread loaf into halves horizontally.
- Mix butter, cheeses, mayonnaise, green onions and garlic in bowl, blending well.
- Spread the cut side of bread halves with spread.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 7 minutes, and place under broiler about 3 minutes longer.
- Cut into slices& serve.
Where did the Black Angus' go??? They had outstanding food. My favorite was the Garlic Cheese Steak Sandwich. I would take the family after church every Sunday. I couldn't believe how crazy in love with this sandwich I was. Then Black Angus closed down. It was a real bummer!
I would go to Black Angus just to have the Cheesy Garlic Bread. I took it to a BBQ and had so many people asking for the recipe! This is the recipe I use whenever we want garlic bread. Thanks for sharing this.
I've never eaten at Black Angus, so I can't say if this is as good as theirs, but this was indeed very good. I made it with parmesan cheese and used only the white parts of green onions. I was skeptical of the mayo, but it really did turn out well...so much so that I regularly use the spread on grilled corn.