This is a recipe that I first found in Gourmet Magazine. I changed a few things around to adjust to my taste buds. It's a very hearty and fresh tasting. A nice change from regular chili.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can black beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can red beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 (28 ounce) can hominy, rinsed & drained
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can green enchilada sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) can Ortega green chilies, diced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1Cook onion, bell pepper and garlic in oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat until tender, about 10 minutes.
- 2Stir in chili powder, cumin and ground red pepper. Add tomatoes, beans, hominy, Ortega chilies, broth and enchilada sauce. Cook 10 minutes.
- 3Remove from heat and stir in cilantro.
- 4Sprinkle each serving with cheddar cheese.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black and White Vegetarian Chili
Serving Size: 1 (425 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 415.3
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 9.8 mg
- Sodium 990.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.4 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 19.0 g