Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a recipe that I first found in Gourmet Magazine. I changed a few things around to adjust to my taste buds. It's a very hearty and fresh tasting. A nice change from regular chili.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can black beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can red beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 (28 ounce) can hominy, rinsed & drained
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can green enchilada sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) can Ortega green chilies, diced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook onion, bell pepper and garlic in oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in chili powder, cumin and ground red pepper. Add tomatoes, beans, hominy, Ortega chilies, broth and enchilada sauce. Cook 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in cilantro.
- Sprinkle each serving with cheddar cheese.