Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
BJ's Restaurant/Brewhouse has the best parmesan crusted chicken, and with this recipe you can enjoy it at home!
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 chicken breasts
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Japanese-style bread crumbs (panko)
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
Lemon Chardonnay Butter Sauce
- 1⁄4 cup salted butter
- 1⁄4 cup Chardonnay wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3⁄4 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 dash salt
- 1 1⁄3 cups heavy cream
- light olive oil
- 2 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese
- 4 teaspoons minced sun-dried tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil
- Make brine for chicken by dissolving salt with chicken broth in a medium bowl. Cover chicken breasts with plastic wrap and pound each one to about 1/2 inch thick with a kitchen mallet. If breasts are large, you can cut them in half. Add flattened chicken to brine. cover and chill for 3 hours.
- When chicken has marinated, remove the fillets from brine and dab with paper towels to remove excess liquid. Beat eggs in a medium bowl, and pour flour onto a plate. Combine breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper in another medium bowl. To bread the chicken, first coat each fillet with flour, then egg, and then the Parmesan mixture. Let the breaded fillets rest for a bit on a plate in your fridge while preparing the Chardonnay butter sauce.
- 3. Make chardonnay butter sauce by melting butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add wine and simmer 1 minute. Stir in lemon juice, sugar and salt and then add cream. Simmer on low heat for 10-12 minutes, until thicker.
- Add enough oil to cover the bottom of a large saute pan, and heat over medium/low until hot. You can check the heat of the oil by dropping a bread crumb into it. If it starts to sizzle, your oil is ready. Saute each breaded chicken fillet in oil for 4-5 minutes per side or until brown. Remove fillets to a paper towel-covered plate until ready to serve. Serve each fillet with a couple of tsp of butter sauce spooned over the top. Pile a tbsp of Parmesan cheese on top of each fillet, followed by 1 heaping teaspoon of minced sun dried tomatoes, and a tbsp of basil.