after searching for the perfect easy flourless cake i found this one.
Make and share this Bittersweet Flourless Chocolate Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter the sides and bottom of a 10-inch springform pan and set aside.
- In the top of a double boiler, combine the butter, chocolate and coffee and melt slowly, stirring occasionally, until smooth. Remove from the heat and let cool for 5 minutes.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar and vanilla until frothy. Whisk the eggs into the melted chocolate until combined. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan. Bake for 1 hour and cool on a wire rack until it reaches room temperature.
- Remove the sides of the pan, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight, before serving.
I am so happy with this recipe! Simple and insanely delicious!! One of the very few recipes on 'zaar that earned a five star rating from my husband.
OH MY ..... this was rich, creamy and so delicious!!! I used fresh coffe beans from a local specialty shop, then ground & brewed the coffee extra song; it really brought out the flavour of the chocolate. A little Cranberry-Raspberry Merlot Drizzle on the plate, a dusting of icing sugar on top & a scoop of frozen vanilla yogurt made for a great presentation and helped to cut the richness of the cake. Thanx Chia!
hi chia, this is "da bombe"! i chose this cake for Passover so we had to try it out! It was wonderful! We used Cuban coffee and it is stronger than Espresso and boy did it pack a wallop! We enjoyed it thoroughly! Some people served themselves seconds and ate it with french vanilla ice cream!!! I was good for once, just had a small bite. Thanks for posting such a luscious recipe, Diane :=)