This crab cake mixture can be made several hours ahead. After cooked keep warm in 200ºF oven for about an hour. Coastal Living Magazine, December 2009 edition. We used these for our party, as well and I didn't even get to taste them but they smelled deeevine! :)
My Private Note
Crab Ca ...
Units: US | Metric
BITS-SIZE CRAB CAKES
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onion, sliced on a bias
- 1/4 cup minced shallot
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons wasabi paste
- 2 teaspoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon tamari or 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 lb fresh lump crabmeat, drained and picked
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups panko breadcrumbs, divided (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
1/2 CUP GINGER AIOLI
- 1BITE-SIZE CRAB CAKES:.
- 2Combine first 8 ingredients in a bowl.
- 3Gently fold crabmeat into mayonnaise mixture.
- 4Cover and chill 30 minutes or several hours.
- 5Stir egg and 1/3 cup panko into crabmeat mixture.
- 6Shape mixture into 20 (1 1/2-inch) patties.
- 7Dredge in remaining panko.
- 8Cook crab cakes, in batches, in hot oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 2 minutes on each side or until golden.
- 9Serve with Ginger Aioli.
- 10GINGER AIOLI:.
- 11Combine all ingredients in a small bowl.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bite-Size Wasabi Crab Cakes & Ginger Aioli
Serving Size: 1 (1108 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 120.3
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 471.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 6.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
seasoned rice vinegar