Prep 12 mins
Cook 12 mins
This crab cake mixture can be made several hours ahead. After cooked keep warm in 200ºF oven for about an hour. Coastal Living Magazine, December 2009 edition. We used these for our party, as well and I didn't even get to taste them but they smelled deeevine! :)
BITS-SIZE CRAB CAKES
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced green onion, sliced on a bias
- 1⁄4 cup minced shallot
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons wasabi paste
- 2 teaspoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon tamari or 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 lb fresh lump crabmeat, drained and picked
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups panko breadcrumbs, divided (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
1/2 CUP GINGER AIOLI
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rice vinegar
- BITE-SIZE CRAB CAKES:.
- Combine first 8 ingredients in a bowl.
- Gently fold crabmeat into mayonnaise mixture.
- Cover and chill 30 minutes or several hours.
- Stir egg and 1/3 cup panko into crabmeat mixture.
- Shape mixture into 20 (1 1/2-inch) patties.
- Dredge in remaining panko.
- Cook crab cakes, in batches, in hot oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 2 minutes on each side or until golden.
- Serve with Ginger Aioli.
- GINGER AIOLI:.
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl.