Recipe by Kim127
This is a Caribbean version of steak and onions which is popular in the Dominican Republic. This is great served with rice and a nice green salad!
Top Review by jkoch960
We really enjoyed this recipe! I love the peppery rub that gives an otherwise kind of bland piece of meat a nice flavor. Add the onions on top and you've got a great dish! Made for ZWT5 for Ali Baba Babes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano, minced (or you can use 1/2 tsp dried)
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1⁄2 lbs top round steaks
- 2 medium onions, sliced into 1/2 inch thick rounds
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, combine salt, pepper, oregano, garlic and one tablespoon of the olive oil. Mix together to form paste and rub the paste on both sides of the steak.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add one tablespoon of olive oil. Add the steaks and cook until browned, about 2 minutes per side. Remove to a plate and set aside.
- Add the last tablespoon of olive oil to same skillet and reduce heat to medium. Add the sliced onion, stirring frequently to scrape up any browned bits. Cook until onions are soft, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in apple cider vinegar.
- Slice steak into thin strips and return meat and any juices back to skillet with onions. Stir to heat through. Serve!